IT Solutions for Small Business FAQ’s
IT support has become a necessary business tool, and there’s no argument that outsourcing this business function to qualified IT professionals can have a dramatic impact on productivity – and profitability. Yet just maintaining, let alone upgrading, securing and troubleshooting your server and network can eat up hours and days – time better spent on the real business of your business.
If you are a small business owner whose area of expertise definitely lies outside the realm of “IT,” this article will guide you through some of the most frequently asked questions we hear on the topics of setting up and running their computer network, installing or upgrading servers, providing ongoing data security and of course SPAM prevention. We hope you’ll find these answers helpful, whether you decide to do-it-yourself or hire a local IT consultant to help.
Download your free copy of this new article by the Invision partners and find out the IT solutions for common questions such as:
- I already have the computer I use at home, so What do I really need to set up a small business network?
- What is a server and why do I need one?
- Should I buy MAC or PC workstations for my employees?
- What about backup systems – should I go with tape, disk or internet?
- Surge protection and power backup – what’s the difference?
- Do I need one of those T1 internet connections, or can I get by with DSL or cable internet?
- I own my own domain name, right?
- Can I save on construction costs and just use a wireless office network?
- Firewalls, anti-malware and server security – how does it all work to protect my network and data?
- How can I be sure I have qualified, reliable IT help?
We feel strongly that that IT professionals should not only fix and repair, but help educate. We strive on taking an educational approach to serving our small business clients. If you’d like to learn more about our outsourced IT services, please browse the rest of our site!