IT Answers for Small Business Questions
Computing technology has become a necessary business tool, and there’s no argument that it has led to dramatic productivity increases over the years. Yet just maintaining, let alone upgrading, securing and troubleshooting your computer system can eat up hours and days of your time – time better spent on the real business of your business.
If you are a small business owner whose area of expertise definitely lies outside the realm of “IT,” this article will guide you through some of the most frequently asked questions we hear from small business owners on the topics of setting up and running their computer network. We hope you’ll find the answers helpful, whether you decide to do-it-yourself or hire professional IT help.
Download your free copy of this new article by the Invision partners and find out the answers to common questions such as:
- I already have the computer I use at home, so What do I really need to set up a small business network?
- What is a server and why do I need one?
- Should I buy MAC or PC workstations for my employees?
- What about backup systems – should I go with tape, disk or internet?
- Surge protection and power backup – what’s the difference?
- Do I need one of those T1 internet connections, or can I get by with DSL or cable internet?
- I own my own domain name, right?
- Can I save on construction costs and just use a wireless office network?
- Firewalls, anti-malware and server security – how does it all work to protect my network and data?
- How can I be sure I have qualified, reliable IT help?